Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter Formal Recap

Can I just say Winter Formal was the most fun I've had in a while?
What a night.
As predicted, Graham got to our house late.  But we didn't let that bother us.  It just gave us time to fill everyone in on the plan.
He didn't bring me a corsage.  But I didn't let that bother me.  By the end of the night, he wouldn't be my date.
As predicted (again), Graham trash-talked Jake and some other kids at Miramar on the way there.  "Good thing I met you, Kylie," he said.  "You proved Miramar isn't TOTALLY full of losers."
We pulled into the parking lot and walked into the gym, where the dance was held.  Graham took one look around and groaned.
"What's wrong, Graham?" I asked.
"I'd forgotten how many black people there were here," Graham said.
"Can you say racist much?" Natalie's date, Will, said.
"They're no different from you," I said.  "They just look different."
"Whatever," Graham said.  "Let's go get some refreshments."
"I was thinking the same thing," Hannah said, as she and I exchanged a smile.  Our plan was about to start.
When we got to the refreshment table, Graham took a look and said, "These don't look like they were catered by an expensive restaurant."
"Maybe because they weren't," I said.
"Kylie, I should have brought you to a dance at my school instead," Graham said.  "Your school is too ghetto."
"Don't say that, Graham," I said.
"Kylie, get me some punch," Graham demanded.  Normally I'd tell him to get it himself, but this let Hannah and I carry out part of the plan.  And, to make luck better, Jake was coming over.
"Hey, Graham," Jake said.
"Oh, NOW you're talking to me, Jake?" Graham asked.  "I thought you were done with me forever."
"I thought it over and I forgive you," Jake said, as Hannah, Natalie and I dropped mints (thanks Roxy!) into Graham's punch, as their dates looked on giggling.
"Here's your punch, Graham," I said.
He took a sip.  "This tastes weird," he said.
AND THEN IT EXPLODED ALL OVER HIM!!!
"OH MY GOD!" Graham shouted.  "I KNEW what a crappy school this was."
"I don't know, nothing's wrong with mine," I said.
"Whatever," Graham said.  "Come on Kylie, let's dance, that is if you're not embarrassed to be seen on the floor with me."
"Oh, I'm not," I said, knowing that the next phase of our plan was already underway.
"Come on," I said, taking Graham's hand and heading toward the dance floor.
"What's going on?" Graham said.  He was stuck to the floor.
Of course I knew what happened.  I wasn't going to say though.
"What type of school is this?" Graham screamed.
"You could just take off your shoes," Hannah's date, Johnny, said.
"Ew, that's gross," Graham said.
"Well, what do you want to do, Graham?" I asked.
"Fine, I'll take off my shoes," Graham snapped.  He pulled of his shoes - which had gum stuck to the bottom.
He screamed like a toddler.
"Who did that?" he shouted.
"I don't know, but you weren't very well liked when you went here," I said.
"I'm done with this crap," Graham said.  "And Kylie, I'm done with you."
He stormed out of the gym.
"We showed him," I said laughing.
"Yes we did!" Hannah said.
"Kylie, I think you got him out of my way for a while,"  Jake said.  "Way to go!"
"Thanks Jake!" I said.
"And Kylie, seeing as you don't have a date anymore.... would you like to share a dance?" Jake asked.
"Yes!" I said.  Trying not to give it away that this was what I'd been waiting FOREVER for.
"JAKE!" Rachel snapped.
"Hey, her date walked out on her," Jake said.  "She deserves a dance."
And we went to the center of the room and slow-danced for an entire song.
MANY people were looking on :)

1 comment: