"Kylie! One more wrong note and you'll lose first chair."
Well, hello? Do you think I can focus on the notes?
Okay, I guess I'm being a little overdramatic. Yes, I'm mad that I've discovered the guy I like has a girlfriend two weeks before Winter Formal. I was planning to ask him tomorrow. Guess I can't. He'll be going with Rachel.
I'm trying to think of another guy to ask. Not because I like him, but because I want to get revenge on Jacob Ryan Cirino.
I'll find a guy to take to the dance. A guy who it will make Jake SO angry to see me at the dance with.
May I add that at my school, the winter formal dance the GIRLS ask the GUYS? Tickets go on sale Monday. And I'm determined to go.
My guy experience is next to none. After all, this is the first time in my life I've gone to school with guys. InnerStar U had a brother school, but I rarely saw the guys from there. I knew a few guys but I didn't see them on a day to day basis.
Anyways, right now I have to focus on my clarinet. I do want to sit in the first chair at the big concert.
We played through our song one last time. Selections from Wicked. I love Wicked. Our medley has my four favorite songs: No One Mourns the Wicked, Dancing Through Life, Defying Gravity and For Good.
We finish our song. "Good job, everyone," the band director says. "See you next week."
I gather my stuff together and look for Hannah so I can make a quick escape.
I find Hannah. "Hey, I got a text. We need to get a ride home," she says.
"Kylie, I bet my dad can give you a ride home." I turn around. Jake is standing there. I do NOT want a ride home from Jake.
"Thanks so much!" Hannah says. "We REALLY appreciate that."
I glare at my sister. She knows who this is.
Jake, Hannah and I head for the car. We climb in, where Jake's dad is waiting. "Dad, this is my friend Kylie and her sister Hannah. Can we give them a ride home? They live near Cambridge."
Your friend? Yeah, Jake. More like your type of girl. You just don't know it yet.
"Of course we can," Jake's dad says. "Come on in, girls."
"Thank you very much, Mr. Cirino," Hannah says.
"Please call me Matt," Jake's dad says. "Oh, and Jake, guess who I saw at Target?"
"Who?" Jake asks.
"Graham."
Jake groans.
"Graham who?" I ask.
"Graham Goldman," Jake says with a hint of disgust in his voice.
"Who is Graham Goldman?" I ask.
"My ex-best friend," Jake says.
"Why don't you like Graham anymore?"
"He's turned into a spoiled, stuck up brat!"
Now, we pull into my driveway. "Thanks for the ride," I say as I drag Hannah out of the car.
"Okay, you can hit me now," Hannah says.
"No Hannah, actually thanks. I think I know who to take to the Winter Formal now."
"Who?"
"Graham Goldman."
"Have you lost your mind?"
"Nope. Just to make Jake jealous."
"You're one sneak, Kylie Nicole."
"Indeed I am."
I log onto Facebook and search for Graham Goldman. I find him, send him a friend request and attach a message: Hey! I'm a friend of Jake's. He's told me lots of nice stories about you.... thought I'd give you a friend request. Not entirely true, but.....
Thirty seconds later a Facebook notification pops up: Graham Goldman accepted your friend request. Now a Facebook chat message from Graham pops up: Hey!
And we begin to chat.
No comments:
Post a Comment