Well, turns out we got a new addition to our family after all!
Last night before we went to bed, a box was sitting on Simone's bed. We saw it before Simone came in the room, but decided to wait till she came in to let her open it. It looked AG size and we were wondering.... was it Felicity? Or Elizabeth? Or Grace? Or Sarah? Or someone new we may not have even guessed?
Simone was VERY excited. She ripped the box open and there she was. Sarah. Our new baby sister.
Simone held her up and declared, "Okay everyone, this is your new baby sister, Sarah Amelia."
Then, when Simone went to thank her parents, she let ME hold Sarah.
There are perks at times to being the oldest.
"Hi Sarah, I'm Kylie," I said. "I'm your oldest sister."
Hannah came over to us, carrying Helina. "I'm Hannah," Hannah said. "And this is Helina."
Helina giggled and clapped, happy that someone close in age to her had finally joined the family.
Natalie, Molly and Kit came over too. "Oh Kylie, can I hold her?" Natalie asked.
"Better wait for Simone to get back," I said. I didn't want to lose any time with her!
"Okay," Natalie groaned. "Well, I'm Natalie."
"I'm Molly," Molly said.
"And I'm Kit," Kit said.
Simone came back. "Good thing Sarah's finally here," she told us. "The eBay people procrastinated in sending her, but she arrived yesterday. Mom and Dad wanted to wait until today to give her to us, so she can be a New Year's baby."
Then, she took Sarah out of my arms and let Natalie hold her. Maybe she knew. She always knows what she wants.
What a nice surprise for right before we go back to school! Tomorrow..... ugh.
I will post pictures of Sarah soon! And speaking of pictures, have you checked out Simone's Flickr?
www.flickr.com/americangirl728
Soon there will be photos of Sarah there, too!
Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
~ Kylie ~
Hi I am a new follower of your blog!
ReplyDelete