Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Luck can't be getting much better.

Well, after Jake and I danced together in front of the whole school, he called me Sunday morning and asked me if I wanted to hang that Sunday afternoon.
"Just you and me?" I asked.
"Yeah, just you and me," he said.
So we went to the "Snow Days" at Progressive Field downtown.  For the winter, the Indians stadium was converted to a winter fun park with tubing, ice skating, a maze, a walk around an area with lot of lit up trees (nice, because I miss Christmas trees), an area to play in the snow and a fire pit.
We even took the train downtown together, just the two of us.  The first thing we did was go skating all around the field.  (They put an ice skating trail all around the field.)  The skates were smelly and the blades were dull, but that didn't bother me.  Come on - I got to skate around the radius of the field with the guy of my dreams.
The tube chutes were on top of the bleachers and it was a little scary.  At the bottom my tube tipped over and Jake laughed at me.  So I decided to get even with him and threw a snowball at him!  He threw one back at me and we just kept that up until a grumpy old man said to us, "Get out of the way!  And you two are acting WAY younger than you look."
To be honest, I didn't care how stupid we looked.  We probably looked even stupider when we were running through the maze calling out to each other, trying to find each other.  After we did all the festivities, we just sat at the fire pit drinking hot cocoa and talking.
When I got home, the first thing Natalie said to me was, "I can't believe you spent the whole afternoon outside in this frigid cold weather."
I said, "It was even more fun than Winter Formal!"
Yesterday the show choir had practice and our director was selecting two members to open our performance at the big concert.
Guess who he selected?
Me and Jake.
We're singing "Faithfully" from Glee.
It's the only piece the whole choir won't sing.
I'm overjoyed.
When we were practicing yesterday, Jake put his arm around me at one point.  After all, it IS a love song.  We might as well do some sort of love gestures.
Today at school, when we were just with the Miramar choir director, she told us she liked how we did so much on our first try, she wants us to sing it at graduation too :)
I think I'm making progress with Jake.  He probably just doesn't feel ready to break up with Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment