Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The phone rang last night.  I was planning on calling Graham and telling him I didn't want to go to the Winter Formal with him after all.
No date is better than a mean one.
But I decided to answer this call.
Guess who it was?
Graham.
"Hello, Graham," I said unenthusiastically.
"Hey, Kylie!" Graham said.  "Feeling better?"
"Yeah, thanks," I said.
"Good.  Because I wouldn't want you to be sick," Graham said.
"I'm fine," I said.  "But Graham, I really didn't like those things you were saying about Jake."  Hopefully that would make him just break up with me.
"You know what?  You're right," Graham said.  "Jake's a nice person and it was wrong of me to say that about him."
I doubt this was a real change of heart.  He was probably just saying that to avoid me dumping him.
"So, excited for Winter Formal on Saturday?" Graham said.
"Well, Graham, there's actually something I wanted to talk to you about," I said.
"About how excited you are and how much fun you'll have?  I was thinking the same thing.  Can't wait!" Graham said and hung up the phone.
I groaned.  Apparently getting rid of Graham wasn't going to be easy.
I went to my room where Hannah was.  Normally I don't like it when my sisters are in my room, but today I didn't mind.
"Hey Hannah, how am I supposed to get rid of Graham?" I asked.
"Just tell him you don't want to go with him anymore," Hannah said.
"I tried, didn't work," I said.
"Then how about we play a prank on him at the dance or something like that?" Hannah said.
"I like the way you think," I said.  "Maybe not a prank, but we'll come up with something."
"You know who I think we should get in on it?" Hannah said.
"Who?" I asked.
"Jake."
Not a bad idea.  Maybe going to Winter Formal with Graham won't be so miserable after all...... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment