Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to school.......

Well, it always happens: breaks end and we head back to school.  Yippee.
I'd forgotten for a split second and was sleeping, then Simone came into our room and said, "Girls, wake up.  You've got to get to school."
At least I get to see Jake again.
The first thing that happened when I got to school?  My homeroom teacher asked for our winter break packets.  My school's like that.  Obsessed with the OAT.  So they give us practice packets over winter AND spring break.
My first and second period classes are all girls (some of our classes are organized by gender) so I didn't get to see Jake.  Ugh.
Third period: Science Olympiad for MSSP.  Today our teacher was announcing who our partners are for the upcoming competition.  She read off every name, and I dreaded that another girl would be paired with Jake.....
"Kylie," she said as I crossed my fingers... "you'll be doing Crave the Wave with......"
My heart skipped a beat.
".... Avita."
Don't get me wrong, I like her fine, but I was really hoping to be partnered with Jake.
"And Jake," our teacher read, "you're doing the Wright Stuff with Johnny."
Oh, so my crush is partnered with my sister's crush..... very nice.  I glanced at Hannah, and could see disappointment in her face as well.
I couldn't look at Jake the rest of the day without feeling totally let down.
After school as I was leaving, I passed him talking on his cell phone.  Laughing and calling someone on the other end "baby."
Could it be?  Does he - have a girlfriend?

No comments:

Post a Comment