Well, today at band practice, Jake's dad came with a big, thick blue and gold envelope with "Congratulations!" written on it.
When Jake opened it, I knew what it meant before he even told me.
He got into Loyola.
AND he got scholarship money for band, choir, soccer, swimming, baseball, academics and financial need, so it will barely cost his family anything.
He's officially a member of the Loyola High School of Cleveland Class of 2015.
And I'm officially devastated.
Not that I didn't know he'd get in. I knew he would. There would have to be a bunch of buffoons on Loyola's admissions committee if he didn't get in.
I know I'm technically dating Ricky, but I don't know what to do. I love Jake and I have for a while. But what if he doesn't love me?
I didn't want to say anything to Jake about my feelings, so I just said, "Congratulations. I hope you have a great time there."
He smiled at me and said, "Thanks. You have a great time at Heights."
Time to do some serious soul-searching. Why do I keep dating other guys when I know Jake is THE ONE?
No comments:
Post a Comment