Well, I took Ricky up on his offer.
I decided to call him and chat. He said he really likes me. To be honest this is a little creepy, but I could at least give him a try.
So we're going to the play at a nearby college on Saturday.
I still feel a twinge of guilt though. What about Jake?
From the first day I met him, I knew Jake was the type of guy I want. It sounds like I'm planning far into the future, but I can see myself marrying Jake and raising kids together. Maybe that's too far into the future. Okay, I can see myself going to prom and high school dances with him. I can see myself cheering him on at his soccer, swimming and baseball games next year and telling the other people in the stands "That's my boyfriend!"
Jake has all the qualities I look for in a boyfriend or a friend. It's not just that he's physically attractive, he is that. But he's smart and he's athletic and he's funny. He seems to know how to make any situation fun. He's really easy to talk to. I can be myself around him and he makes me feel good about myself, even at times when everyone else is making me feel bad.
So why did I agree to go out with Ricky?
Life is so confusing at times.
When I arrived at school today, Jake ran up to me and said, "Kylie! You're dating a sophomore at the high school?"
"Jake, I agreed to go on a date with him! He isn't my boyfriend!"
"Don't I count for anything?"
"You took advantage of me when I liked you. Now someone else likes me. I've known you since October. If you liked me, you would have asked me out!"
"You've got to listen to me!"
"Oh, I have listened to you! I thought you were a nice person. You were my only friend here at Miramar. I guess I was wrong."
"Okay, so I'm going on a date with a boy! I continued to be your friend when you had a girlfriend!"
"That was because the feelings came slowly...." He just ran away.
And I'm just confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment