Monday, April 4, 2011

I spent last night with the three hottest guys ever. Be jealous.

Let me just tell you that last night was, by far, the best night of my life.
Stars On Ice was fantastic.  Better than it was in Chicago.  Not just because I went with Jake (yes, I still do love Simone, Hannah, Erin and Emma).
Jake and I went down almost right after school and took the train.  (As we did on what I consider our first date.....)
The meet and greet arrival was similar to how it was in Chicago - a bunch of people crowded in the lobby.  It was chaotic.  I didn't expect this one to be as crowded because Chicago is so much bigger than Cleveland.  I just hoped this one wouldn't be a dud like the Chicago one.
After Jake and I got our passes I was literally shaking.  I was scared.  Jake asked me if I was okay.  I told him I was fine.  He said he knew I wasn't.  I told him I was just nervous.  He told me I'd be okay.
We were led to the area to watch skaters warm up.  One by one, they entered the ice for their warmups.  Michael Weiss.  Katerina Gordeeva.  Todd Eldredge.  Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto.  Jamie Sale and David Pelltier.  Sasha Cohen.  RYAN BRADLEY!!  And FINALLY - EVAN LYSACEK!!!!
"Oh my God!" I gasped.  "Jake, just look at them!  Both of them!"
"Sorry Kylie, I don't play for that team," Jake said.
The warmup ended and the skaters went backstage.  The staff member told us that anytime, they'd be bringing out our meet and greet skaters.
"Hopefully this will be money well spent," I said to Jake.  "The meet and greet in Chicago was a rip off."
"I know, you've told me that," Jake said with a laugh.
The staff member came out again.  "We're ready for you guys now," she said.  "Line up here."
When we got in line, I could swear I was hyperventilating.  "Are you okay?" the person behind me asked.
"Yeah," I said.
"Okay, because your boyfriend probably won't want to stick with you if you get this excited over other guys," she said.
Jake and I both laughed at that.  Little does she know, we aren't official yet....
Finally, we got to the meet and greet room.  Where EVAN LYSACEK and RYAN BRADLEY were at the meet and greet table.  I screamed silently.
Jake smiled at me and said, "I hope you're happy."
"Oh, believe me, I am," I said.
The line kept moving and finally, Jake and I reached the table.  "Hi, I'm Jake," Jake said.  "This is Kylie.  She's a little overexcited."
"Hi, Jake.  Hi Kylie," Evan said with a big smile.
"Hi Evan.  Hi Ryan," I managed to squeak.  I handed Evan the SKATING magazine covering his Olympic win and I handed Ryan the SKATING magazine covering his Nationals win.
"I can tell you're a loyal fan if you have these," Evan said.
"Oh, she is," Jake said.  "I just have the program."  He put his program on the table.
"So, you're Kylie, right?" Ryan said.  "K-Y-L-I-E?"
"Yeah," I said.  I took pictures of them signing my stuff.
"Kylie, calm down," Jake said.
"She's fine," Ryan said, handing me my magazine.  I looked at it: "To Kylie - love and best wishes!  Ryan Bradley."
Then Evan handed me the magazine: "All the best Kylie!  XX Evan Lysacek."
"Thank you both!" I said.
"Thank YOU!" Evan said.  "Will we be taking pictures, too?"
"Yup," I said.
"You can go first," Jake said.
"Thanks," I said.  I stood between Evan and Ryan and put one arm around each of them.  I think it was the biggest I ever smiled.
After Jake took his picture, I gave Evan and Ryan each a hug and thanked them.
"Thank you, both of you," Evan said.
"It was great to meet you guys," Ryan said.  "Enjoy the show."
"Was that great or what?" I said.
"Pretty awesome," Jake said.
The show flew by and all the skating was fantastic.  The night ended WAY too soon though.

2 comments:

  1. That's So Cool Kylie!! Mia's SOOO Jelous!

    ~Brooklyn~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an awesome ngith, Kylie. :D

    ~Leanna

    ReplyDelete