Monday, April 11, 2011

The Big Night

Finally, we had the big concert.
The one we spent ALL YEAR getting ready for.
The one we spent over 200 hours practicing for (yes, I calculated).
The one people spent hours arguing about solos for.
The one the district spent over $25,000 on.
The one that took place at the home of the Cleveland Orchestra.
Anyways, it was tonight.
It opened with a performance by an alumni band, then the gospel choir, then the jazz band.  Then came the elementary honor choir.  They sang three songs and I watched them, to see Molly and Kit.
Next came the middle school honor band.  Which included me (clarinet), Hannah (flute), Natalie (violin), Erin (viola) and Emma (French horn).  I think we did well on our three pieces.  Despite everything, I managed to hang on to first clarinet chair.
After the middle school honor band came the middle school honor choir.  Can I say I've never been more nervous in my entire life before Jake and I opened with our duet?  Right before we started he smiled at me and said, "Break a leg!"  I looked back at him and said, "You too!"
Turned out we killed it!  The crowd was on its feet.  He offered me his hand when we went back to join the rest of the choir.
Our other two songs went well, and the high school orchestra and choir were AMAZING!  I can't believe next year I'll be with those groups....
Anyways - what a night!  Pretty special!

No comments:

Post a Comment