Monday, May 2, 2011

Let the countdown begin........

28 days (not counting weekends or days off) until I'm done with middle school forever.
I apologize for the lack of posts lately.  Things have been pretty crazy.  It feels like I'm always either preparing for end of the year stuff at the middle school or up at the high school.  Taking assessments to see what classes I'll be in, practicing with the band and choir, assessments for sports.... oh yeah, I made Symphony AND Singers.  I also got on the soccer, swimming and softball teams :)
It's crazy to think that there's only 28 days of middle school left.  Miramar was a culture shock at the beginning of the year, but the high school is so much bigger.  There's so many more people.  All three middle schools come together at the high school, making nearly 2000 kids.
This is the last month of a phase of my life.  High school is a major step between childhood and adulthood.  It's when you start becoming more self-reliant, you're expected to do more things on your own.
Next year, Hannah and Natalie will be in eighth grade at Miramar, Erin and Emma will be in seventh grade there and Kit will be in sixth grade there.  Molly will be top-of-the-school at Cambridge, a fifth grader.  Helina and Sarah will be still be home, luckily.  If the talk's true, there will be more additions - we might be getting another sister closer in age with us late in the summer, for Simone's birthday.
Middle school is full of cliques and raging hormones.  So why am I having mixed emotions about leaving?  From what I've heard, things calm down in high school.  There is drama, but at Heights, most people are friends.
Maybe it's because I'll miss Jake so much.  I'm still not too thrilled about him going to Loyola.  I try not to talk about it because he knows he can't go to Heights.  Not after everything that's happened to him at Miramar or now that Graham's going to be there.  He's assured me we can still be friends but I really want us to be more than that.  I'm not going to say anything though........
I am looking forward to the eighth grade trip to DC in two weeks, the eighth grade Cedar Point trip and the dance.  And of course, graduation!  Our duet's going to sound even better at graduation than it did at Severance!
My free hour is almost over, so I've got to go now.  I will have to update more!

No comments:

Post a Comment