DC was absolutely amazing.
Seriously, it was like the best week of my life. I was so mad when we left today.
We visited all sorts of important landmarks in the country. On Tuesday afternoon when we arrived we went to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and it was so cool seeing the money made. In the evening we went to a play at Ford's Theatre and also went to the theatre museum. The play wasn't the best, but the theatre was really nice and the museum was cool.
Wednesday morning - we woke up early and went to - you guessed it - the White House. I still can't believe we got to go there. No, we didn't get to meet Obama (darn), but the rooms we saw were cool. We went into the East Room, the Green Room, the Blue Room, the Red Room and the State Dining Room.
After lunch we went to the US Capitol Building and got a tour. We got to meet our Congresswoman and both of Ohio's US Senators. We also went to the National Air and Space Museum in the afternoon and it was pretty cool.
On Thursday morning we got a tour of the Pentagon. We went into the room where the planes crashed on 9/11 and it was a little disturbing but it was fun seeing everything else there. In the afternoon we went to the Supreme Court building and then on a tour of the monuments. My favorite monument was World War II.
In the evening we went on a ferryboat ride on the Potomac river and had dinner on it. There was a band singing romantic love songs. I sat with Jake on the boat and we just stared into the river not talking for a while and it didn't feel awkward at all. At one point he put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. It felt so good.
Whoever dates Jake is REALLY lucky. He's really sweet and he makes me feel good about myself. Lots of my friends are in abusive relationships, and although Jake and I have conflicted feelings, I know he'd never hurt me. Screw that. Whoever's friends with that boy is lucky. I'd be lucky to end up with a boy like him.
Today we didn't do much. We went to the an afternoon Nationals game and we also went on a tour of the Washington Post building. The bus ride back to Cleveland was long so I'm really tired. I'll post pictures tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment