I can't believe winter break is almost over.
The last semester of eighth grade is coming up. Simone and I were just online to pick out a dress for graduation and that hit me - soon I'm going to be in high school. And I'm freaking out. Here are some dresses I'm between. Can you help me pick one?
http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/158129/uid/793
http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/166875/uid/793
http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/161375/uid/189
http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/171995/uid/790
(Okay, I know that last one is not a dress, but I still like it.)
Before I came to live here, I went to Innerstar University, an all girls school focused on "following your inner star." We had an on campus shopping square, horseback riding facilities, a dormitory....... and it was full of girls.
Then when I came to live here, I started going to Miramar Middle School. The local public middle school. It's soooooo much more different from Innerstar University. The most obvious change - it has both boys and girls. I'm also one of only about 20 white kids in my grade (which has about over 150 kids). Not saying I'm racist, I'm not, I have friends who are black, Hispanic and Asian, but it's a bit of a shock. When I first started in mid-October, I didn't know anyone, except Hannah and Natalie, who are in seventh grade anyway. (Kit's in fifth grade at Cambridge Elementary, Molly's in fourth grade there, Angelina and Alice are in second grade there.)
When I started at Miramar, I was instantly attracted to Jake, one of the five white guys in my grade. He's a bit of a nerd, but I don't care. He's the smartest kid in my grade, straight A's every quarter. He has dark brown hair and brown eyes, looks like an eighth grade version of Evan Lysacek, Simone's future husband. (Well, that's what she says..... she made me write that.) He plays soccer and baseball. He plays French horn in the orchestra, he's treasurer of the student council, he's involved with Mock Trial and Science Olympiad with the school's gifted program. Maybe that's what attracts me to him. I'm in Science Olympiad with him and play the clarinet in the orchestra, but I'm not in student council or Mock Trial. (Stupid district put me in Model UN instead.....) Truth is I'm sort of looking forward to going back to school so I can see him again..... he probably won't be coming to the high school next year because lots of people are mean to him and he wants to go private. If I ever get the nerve to tell him how I really feel, I'll try to convince him otherwise.
Hiiii, Kylie it's Harper. To be honest with you I like the PET SHOW OUTFIT!!!! It's nice and dressy but it is casual at the same time.
ReplyDelete